Today we are celebrating our first birthday! We would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has read our posts, shared our blog, contributed news, and shared their comments. Our fan base is still growing strong – we had one of our best days yesterday!
- Hershey’s released a version of Cookies ‘N’ Creme candy that has no gluten-containing ingredients (read post here)
- Subway started testing gluten-free options (read post here)
- MIX Fresh Kitchen, Neenamo’s, and Quality Bakery all closed :(
- Health Canada passed stricter labeling food rules (read post here)
- Gluten-free Rice Krispies began selling in the United States, but are not available in Canada (read post here)
- Gluten-free Chex and Betty Crocker cake mixes came to Canada (read Chex post here; Betty Crocker post here)
- A lot of progress on Celiac disease research was made by ImmusanT and Cephalon (for larazotide acetate)
- Chef Damian Cardone made a complete moron of himself by posting an anti-gluten free rant on his Facebook page
- Schneider’s and Maple Leaf both started making process meats free of gluten-containing ingredients (read post here)
We are looking forward to an exciting, gluten-free 2012, and we’ll be sharing lots more news, reviews, and recipes! Have a safe and happy New Year!