There is nothing better than a nice homemade lasagna on a cold winter night! This recipe is gluten-free and vegetarian, although if desired, you can add 1/2 pound of fried hamburger to the sauce before creating the lasagna. You can also easily double or halve this recipe.
- 9 lasagna noodles (we prefer Rizopia rice pasta)
- 2 ½ cups ricotta cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup real grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried basil
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 750 mL jar pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 pan with cooking spray or butter.
- Cook lasagna noodles as per package.
While noodles are cooking, prepare filling and sauce.
- Filling: Mix ricotta cheese, 1 ½ cups mozzarella, ¼ cup Parmesan, and eggs.
- Sauce: In separate bowl, combine seasonings, sugar, and pasta sauce.
- In 9×13 pan, layer noodles, sauce, and filling. You should have enough to make three layers total, with noodles on the top.
- Top with remaining 1 ½ cups mozzarella and ¼ cup Parmesan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Let sit for five to ten minutes before serving.