This is by far one of my favourite recipes. It’s a cheesy mess of hashbrowns, soup, and sour cream. The best part is, you can customize it however you like. Choose a different flavour of dip each time, add some spices, or mix up the types of cheeses – it’s all up to you! Just make sure to choose gluten-free ingredients. This makes a huge batch, so you can share – just be prepared to make more!
- 2 pounds frozen hashbrowns (make sure they are gluten-free)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sour cream-based dip
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of gluten-free mushroom soup (Superstore name brand and Gardennay Organic are both gluten-free)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Additional parmesan (1/2 cup) and cheddar cheese (1 to 2 cups)
- Crunchy bacon bits (yes, the fake kind – this will make it vegetarian)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 9×13 baking dish with butter.
- Mix hashbrowns, sour cream, dip, soup, and first amount of cheeses.
- Place in baking dish.
- Sprinkle second amount of cheeses over the top. Finally, top with crunch bacon bits.
- Bake at 350°F for 60 to 90 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.