I was treated to a pleasant surprise last week: Mike’s dad got some gluten-free Rice Krispies shipped up from his Maine office! I have tried them several times and here is what I have found.
- They do snap, crackle, and pop!
- The taste is almost identical to regular Rice Krispies.
- Since they have no barley malt, they are not sweet at all, but some sugar or fruit fixes that. This might be a good option for parents trying to reduce sweeteners in their children’s’ diets, too!
- They get soggy more quickly than regular Rice Krispies, so eat fast!
- They have a recipe for gluten-free Rice Krispie treats on the back, which is nice.
Gluten-free Rice Krispies have already become a breakfast staple. I definitely recommend trying them out if you can get your hands on some. Hopefully they will be available in Canada sooner rather than later!