I found this recipe for oatmeal bars and gave them a shot this morning. They are pretty good and make a big batch!
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas (three to four medium)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 cups old-fashioned gluten-free oats
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat sugar and eggs until well-blended.
- Add peanut butter, bananas, and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in oats, butterscotch chips, and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Grease 9 x 13 pan. Spread mixture into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Gluten-Friendly: Ensure all ingredients, especially oats, are gluten-free. As well, the Canadian Celiac Association recommends that adults with Celiac disease eat no more than 1/2 to 3/4 a cup of oats per day – so no pigging out!
- Dairy-Friendly: Omit chips or find a dairy-free version. Ensure all remaining ingredients, especially peanut butter, are dairy-free.
- Nut-Friendly: Replace peanut butter with margarine. Ensure all remaining ingredients are peanut-free.