I have recently discovered that Chex cereal has many uses. Only the Honey Nut and Rice are available in Canada, but they are very versatile!
Here is a list of substitutions that you can use Chex for.
- Regular bread crumbs: Rice or Corn Chex
- Seasoned bread crumbs: Rice Chex + 1 tsp. each garlic, paprika, and parsley per 1/2 cup of Chex
- Graham cracker crumbs: Honey Nut or Corn Chex
- Chocolate wafer or cookie crumbs: Chocolate Chex (currently available in U.S. only)
- Vanilla wafer or cookie crumbs: Honey Nut Chex
To make the Chex into crumbs, measure the amount you need into a seal-able plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. Or, put the cereal through a food processor.
Find more ideas at: the Life Made Delicious web site!