I’ve recently discovered a recipe that has become a staple in our house. It’s easy to prepare, flexible, and gluten-free! If you love potatoes, you’ll love this dish.
- To start, thinly slice four potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a casserole dish with butter or gluten-free cooking spray.
- Layer potatoes and toppings as indicated below.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter or margarine. Mix in 1 tbsp. chicken or beef bouillon (concentrate or powder).
- Drizzle butter mixture over top of casserole.
- Cook for one hour, stirring halfway through.
- Serve topped with sour cream.
Now, this is the best part. You can customize your toppings depending on what kind of meal you are serving and what you like! Use one to two teaspoons and one handful of veggies and/or meat per layer.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Basic: Parsley and onions
- Mexican: Chili powder or paprika and diced peppers
- Italian: Parsley, garlic, and Parmesan cheese
- Pizza-Style: Tomatoes, chopped pepperoni, and oregano; serve topped with mozzarella instead of sour cream
- Baked Potato: Green onions, garlic, and bacon