Mike and I hosted a wine and cheese gathering last weekend and a friend brought some delicious fudge as a treat. Not only was it gluten-free, she said it was super-easy to make, too! I am sharing her recipe here as I am sure you are all looking for some holiday baking ideas. (We have adapted it from here.)
Peanut Butter Cup Fudge
- One 300 mL (10 oz.) can gluten-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. gluten-free vanilla
- 9 1/2 squares gluten-free semi-sweet baking chocolate (Baker’s is a good choice)
- Approximately 15 miniature peanut butter cups (~1 cup, when chopped into quarters)
**Be sure to check the label on these; I have seen some Reese packaging that says, “May contain wheat”
- Melt chocolate and condensed milk together, either in the microwave in 30 second intervals, or over a double boiler on the stove.
- Stir in peanut butter cups and vanilla.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper or tinfoil. Spread mixture into pan.
- Refrigerate for at least four hours.
- Slice, enjoy, and don’t eat the whole pan at once!
Variation: Substitute your favourite gluten-free chocolate bar for the peanut butter cups!