It is always challenging to come up with new, exciting things for dinner that don’t cost a fortune. I found this handy dinner-making table in my recipe binder and wanted to share. Even better, I’ve updated it to be gluten-free!
Step One: Build Your Meal
Choose a Meat
Pick Your Veggies
Select a Sauce
Choose a Cheese Topping (Optional)
|Turkey slices||Bell pepper strips||Salsa||Tex Mex|
|Boneless, skinless chicken breasts||Carrot and celery slices||Pizza sauce||Old cheddar|
|Boneless pork chops||White and sweet potato slices||Bull’s Eye BBQ sauce, any flavour except Guinness||Processed cheese product, like Cheese Whiz|
|Thin steak||Zucchini and onion slices||Pasta sauce||Mozzarella|
* Always read the label, but I have found all varieties of Bull’s Eye except Guinness to be gluten-free!
Step Two: Put It Together
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray 9×13 pan with gluten-free baking spray (like Pam – make sure to use anything but their new Baking variety, which contains wheat).
- Dredge the meat in approximately ½ cup of gluten-free bread crumbs (like Gillian’s) or cornflake crumbs.
- Place meat and chosen veggies in the 9×13 pan.
- Drizzle vegetables with 2 tbsp. Italian-style dressing. (Try Kraft Zesty Italian or Renee’s Spring Herb Italian.)
- Bake for 30 minutes or until meat is done.
- Top each piece of meat with 1 tbsp. of your chosen sauce and ¼ cup of your chosen cheese.
And presto, you’ve got a complete meal!
(Original Source: http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/one-pan-oven-bakes-89357.aspx)