It’s the best time of year: barbeques, food, and fun are the theme. We’ve put together a three-part guide to help you plan a gluten-free BBQ that will be a blast for everyone.
First things first: put together a punch bowl full of fizzy fun. We love this sangria recipe and it’s easy to double or even triple! We’ve been using homemade white wine and it turns out great. You can even use non-alcoholic white wine. No need to break the bank on an expensive bottle!
Raspberry Lemonade Sangria
- One 750 ml bottle of white wine
- 1 ½ cups lemonade
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Two lemons, thickly sliced
- 2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen work equally well; frozen helps keep your drink cold)
- One liter bottle of lemon-lime soda
- Mix sugar, lemonade, and wine together in large pitcher or punch bowl. (Mix well to ensure the sugar dissolves.)
- Stir in lemons and raspberries.
- Pour sangria into glasses. Top each glass with about ½ cup of lemon-lime soda.
Next stop: appetizers! There are plenty of gluten-free options out there, but this spinach dip is one of my favourites. Pair with gluten-free corn chips and you’re good to go!
Kelsey’s Four Cheese Spinach Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon very finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- ½ package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- ½ cup grated medium Cheddar cheese
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix cream cheese, garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, and Romano cheese with mixer on medium until softened and well mixed.
- Add pepper and green onion. Mix on medium-low, just until blended.
- Add spinach and mix on low, just until blended.
- Transfer mixture to 9″ pie plate. Sprinkle cayenne on top to taste and top with cheddar.
- Bake for 15 – 18 minutes (until bubbling around the edges).
- Allow to sit for five minutes before serving.
Bonus: For a step-by-step guide to a great cheese and vegetable platter, check out Kraft’s Cocktail Chatter Cheese Platter recipe!
In the next part of our BBQ Bonanza guide, we’ll share some recipes for stunning side dishes! Stay tuned!