For the second part of our BBQ special, we’d like to share some delicious, easy side dish ideas for a gluten-free BBQ meal. (If you missed the first part, you can read it here.)
There’s nothing that says summer like corn on the cob, and it’s easy to prepare! You can grill, boil, or steam it. Serve with some garlic butter and you’re all set!
Layered BLT Salad
Another nice veggie option is this layered salad. The presentation is a bit different, but it still has those familiar flavors that everyone loves. You can also customize it to include your favourite ingredients!
- 10 cups torn romaine or iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup gluten-free bacon bits
- ½ cup Caesar salad dressing (try Renée’s Might Caesar dressing for a fantastic gluten-free option!)
- Layer lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, cheese, and bacon in a large salad bowl.
- Drizzle with dressing.
- Use large tongs for serving.
(Original Source: http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/layered-blt-salad-113891.aspx)
Grilled Parmesan Potatoes
For a starch to go with your meal, try this grilled potato recipe.
- 4 medium potatoes (Russet or Yukon Gold are best), peeled and chopped into ½ inch cubes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Cooking spray
- Place potatoes in large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss.
- Mix herbs in small bowl. Sprinkle over potatoes and toss.
- Tear off large sheet of heavy duty foil. Spray with cooking spray. Pour potatoes onto cooking foil. Fold ends in and seal.
- Grill on medium for 20-25 minutes. Peel foil back for last 5 minutes to allow them to brown.
In our next post, we’ll share our top-secret rib recipe, as well as step by step preparation tips!