It’s time for the final part of our BBQ special! In our first part, we shared ideas for drinks and appetizers. In the second part, we shared some side dish possibilities. Now it’s time for the main act! There’s nothing like a big platter of ribs to make your barbecue a smashing success. Better yet, they’re easy to make and easy to do gluten-free!
BBQ Bonanza Ribs
Ingredients – Ribs
- 2 pounds (1 kg) ribs
- 1 lemon or orange
Ingredients – Rub
- 1 ½ tsp each of brown sugar, paprika, black pepper, garlic powder, oregano, ground cumin, thyme, and dry mustard
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
Ingredients – Sauce
- 1 cup good quality BBQ sauce (we like Cattle Boyz Honey Hot)
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke
- 2 tbsp gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Remove membrane from the concave side of ribs.
- Mix rub ingredients together and rub into ribs.
- Pour half an inch of water into shallow roasting pan. Place several lemon or orange slices in the water. Place ribs into pan, meat side down.
- Bake at 325° for 1 to 1 ½ hours (back ribs) or 1 ½ to 2 hours (side ribs).
- Meanwhile, mix sauce ingredients together and refrigerate.
- When ribs are done roasting, remove from pan. You can now refrigerate them for up to three days or cook right away.
- When you’re ready to eat them, cook on the barbecue at medium heat for 20 minutes. Baste frequently with sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
We had lots of help from the Put Pork On Your Fork site. Check it out for tips on making amazing ribs!