It’s summertime and it seems like food is everywhere… including hot dogs, hamburgers, beer, and many other things that us gluten-intolerant folk can’t have. However, I love Chex’s motto: Live in the yes!
Here are seven amazing things you can do this summer that are totally gluten-free.
- Visit one of Nova Scotia’s amazing vineyards for a tasting and a tour. Visit Wines of Nova Scotia for an excellent tasting map.
- Head out for lunch at Trattoria della Nonna in Lunenburg. They offer Schoolhouse Gourmet‘s amazing focaccia to start and rice pasta options for your meal.
- Many places across the province offer the opportunity to pick some delicious fresh berries. You can download a guide here.
- Being active is a ton of fun no matter what age you are! Two new zip line parks opened this year: OnTree in Windsor and Upper Clements Adventure Park.
- Another outdoor option is to rent a bike and pedal around downtown. I Y Bikes lets you rent a bike to explore on your own. They also offer guided tours, one of which includes a picnic lunch that can be made gluten-free or vegetarian!
- If you’re looking for more road trip ideas, check out That Dutchman’s Farm and cheesery in Economy. Bonus: stop at Masstown Market for gluten-free fish and chips!
- Last but not least, if you’re sticking close to home, why not host a barbeque of your own and invite some friends over? Check out our BBQ Bonanza guide for tips and recipes!
If you have more ideas on enjoying a gluten-free summer, please share them with us!