When I was growing up, homemade chocolate macaroon cookies were one of my favorite treats. Even better, they can be easily made gluten-free! Just make sure that you get gluten-free oats: Bob’s Red Mill is a great brand that is available in most grocery stores. Your biggest problem with this recipe will be making the cookies last longer than a day. 🙂
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch salt
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free oats
- ½ cup coconut
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- Place wax paper on a cookie sheet.
- Bring first four ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and salt.
- Mix in cocoa, oatmeal, and coconut and mix well.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mix onto wax paper.
- Place cookie tray in refrigerator. Try to wait until the cookies have cooled and are easy to lift off the paper. J