I find that one of the most challenging things about the gluten-free diet is finding sauces that are gluten free. For people with multiple intolerances or allergies, things become almost impossible.
Luckily, it is really easy to make your own sauces at home. I’ve even found recipes for condensed soups! Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Gluten Free Mom has a recipe for an excellent base that you can use to make cream of mushroom, cream of celery, and cream of chicken soups. Even better, her recipes can be organic and dairy free as well as gluten free!
- If you’re having trouble finding a good tomato sauce, Mark Bittman has an excellent, easy recipe here.
- A good Buffalo wing sauce can be hard to find! Check out this recipe for steps on how to make your own. Note that it calls for Worcestershire sauce so make sure you have a gluten free version.
- If you’re looking for a basic barbecue sauce, try this recipe from Life Made Delicious.
- Last but not least, this recipe for homemade honey garlic sauce is super easy and unbelievably delicious.
Have more sauce suggestions, or need help finding a particular recipe? Please let us know by posting a comment!