A friend of mine made this sweet potato recipe last Christmas, and it was so delicious, I just had to share it with my family. I’m glad it’s easy, because I’ve made it about a dozen times since then! You only need four ingredients, all of which are gluten-free. (Make sure you always read the labels, though, since you never know.) And, you can make it ahead to make holiday meals a little easier!
- Three or four large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup margarine
- Boil sweet potatoes just until they are tender (about 45 minutes). It is better for them to be a bit underdone than overcooked.
- Allow potatoes to cool. Chop off the ends and slide off the peel.
- Cut into two inch wide pieces and place in 9×13 pan.
- Next, place sugar, corn syrup, and margarine in small saucepan. Bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and let simmer for five minutes. Then, pour syrup over potatoes in pan.
- You can refrigerate this overnight and cook at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes the next day. Or, cook right away at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.