I found this recipe in a Canadian Dairy magazine, and it’s become one of my favourites. It’s fresh, healthy, and delicious, plus it reminds me of summer! You can do it on the barbeque in the warmer months, or cook it in the oven in the wintertime. Serve this dish with a fresh green salad to round out the meal.
Bruschetta-Style Chicken and Cheddar Papillote
- One boneless, skinless chicken breast per person
- 1/4 cup tomato bruschetta mix per chicken breast
- One slice of good quality cheese per chicken breast
- Place two large squares of aluminum foil on work surface.
- Place chicken breasts on foil (one per piece) and garnish with bruschetta mixture.
- Pull the sides up over the chicken and seal tightly.
- Cook on a preheated barbeque grill for 15 minutes or in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully peel back sides of foil. Place cheese slice on top. If necessary, place in oven with foil peeled back to melt cheese.
Rub the chicken breast with olive oil and your favorite herbs before placing it on the foil.