Chicken Parmesan is one of my favorite meals. In fact, I posted a gluten-free recipe for it just six months ago. The only drawback is that it can be a bit of work, especially if you’re not familiar with the process. Luckily, I was recently inspired by a deconstructed video version posted by Blogger Chef John. I’ve reproduced a gluten-free version of the recipe below.
Why We Love It
There is nothing more comforting than gooey, cheesy chicken, and this recipe makes it easier than ever.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Chopped fresh herbs (such as basil, parsley, or rosemary) to taste
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Approximately 10-12 gluten-free bagel chips, or ½ cup gluten-free croutons
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread olive oil in the bottom of a small pan. (See Tips below.)
- Sprinkle minced garlic over the olive oil.
- Place chicken breasts on top.
- Pour tomato sauce over the breasts.
- Sprinkle fresh herbs on top of sauce.
- Sprinkle half of mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses on top of herbs.
- Place croutons over top. (Try to cover the entire surface. This is why a small pan works best!)
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Make sure you use the smallest possible pan. I find a 9″ pie plate works well for two chicken breasts.
- Glutino’s Parmesan & Garlic bagel chips work very well.