Every dinner needs some dessert, and we love this yummy cake! There have been several varieties of “Better Than Anything” cake circulating on the Internet for several months now. Here is our version of it, based on a favourite family recipe.
Why We Love It
We love Death by Chocolate, and this recipe is an even easier version with a lot of the same flavours. It’s great for a family barbeque!
- One gluten-free cake mix (we like the Devil’s Food mix by Betty Crocker)
- Ingredients required for cake mix (usually water, butter, oil, and/or eggs)
- One jar of gluten-free caramel or butterscotch sundae topping
- One 250 mL tub of whipped topping, thawed
- Four Skor bars, crushed
- Cook a 9″ square cake according to instructions on box.
- Poke cake all over with the tip of a knife.
- Drizzle caramel topping over cake. Let stand until topping is absorbed.
- Cover cake with whipped topping and crushed Skor bits.
- Store in refrigerator until serving.
Make this cake all your own by using different cake mixes, sundae topping flavours, and chocolate bars!