If you love the flavour of barbequed chicken but are getting a little tired of the BBQ, this recipe mixes things up.
Why We Love It
This one-dish meal is fast, easy, and tasty. You can customize it in so many ways or just use what you have in the house!
- Approximately 8 small red or white potatoes, cut into one-inch chunks
- 1 cup baby carrots
- ¼ cup balsamic vinaigrette-style salad dressing
- 1 ½ tsp. chili powder or paprika
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup gluten-free barbeque sauce
- 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes and carrots with dressing and chili powder or paprika.
- Place potatoes and carrots in a greased or nonstick 9×13 pan. (If your salad dressing uses olive oil, the pan does not need to be greased.)
- Cook potatoes and carrots for about 25 minutes. Remove pan from oven. Push potatoes and carrots to the sides of the pan and place chicken in the center. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then drizzle with barbeque sauce.
- Bake another 20-25 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Stir vegetables to coat them in the drippings.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, serve, and enjoy!
- To customize this dish, try different root vegetables and different flavours of barbeque sauce.
- You can also top this dish with grated mozzarella or cheddar.