A few weeks ago, we posted about the growing number of gluten-free cracker options. We’re seeing the same trend with pasta, too. Even better, the competition seems to be resulting in lower prices!
Here are some of the pastas we’ve seen showing on up store shelves.
- Catelli now offers gluten-free spaghetti, fusilli, and penne that is made from a blend of rice, quinoa, and corn. They usually cost about $3 per 340 gram box. Products are made in a wheat-free facility and are certified gluten-free by the Canadian Celiac Association.
- The President’s Choice gluten-free line now includes gluten-free pasta, too. You can get a 340 gram box of spaghetti, macaroni, fusilli, or penne (all 100% corn) for $2.99. These products are also certified gluten-free by the Canadian Celiac Association.
If you’re a Costco shopper, their gluten-free pasta section offers some great options:
- TruRoots penne is one of our favourite pastas. It is made from organic quinoa, amaranth, corn, and brown rice. A 1 kilogram bag is $8.99.
- Giovanni Panzani corn spaghetti is also available, at $7.89 for three 475 gram boxes.
- You can also get 2 kilograms of Suzie’s gluten-free corn pasta (two 500 gram bags of fusilli and two 500 gram bags of penne) for $9.59.
Have you found other great gluten-free pasta options? If so, please let us know!