Last year, Loblaws’ President’s Choice brand launched a gluten-free baked goods line. Since then, they’ve expanded into baking mixes, pastas, and crackers. The other day, we were picking up some Udi’s bread at our local Sobeys, and we noticed that there is now a Compliments line of gluten-free baked goods, rolls, and breads!
The product list includes:
- Mini Chocolate Brownies ($4.89 for a 228 gram package)
- Quinoa Cookies ($4.19 for a package of 10-12)
- Quinoa Muffins ($4.99 for 4)
- Lemon Cranberry Muffins ($4.99 for 4)
- White and Multigrain Sandwich Rolls ($4.29 for 4)
- Hot Cross Buns ($6.79 for 4)
- Several varieties of bread, including white, multigrain chia, and cinnamon-raisin ($5.99 a loaf)
Other Compliments gluten-free products that you will start seeing on store shelves include:
- An all-purpose flour blend (two 400 gram pouches for $6.99)
- Cookie, cake, and pancake mixes ($3.99 each)
- Pasta (penne, fusilli, and spaghetti)
The other piece of good news is that all of these products are made in a dedicated facility and certified by the Canadian Celiac Association so we can feel confident eating them. And, the Sobeys website has tons of recipes to help you enjoy these new products!
We’ve tried a few of these products so far and have really enjoyed them. My favourite so far has been the sandwich rolls. It’s really nice to see some different offerings, and we can’t wait to see what’s coming up next.
(Updated January 22, 2014)