Why We Love It
This unique combination of flavours comes together to create a rich sauce, perfect for chilly winter nights.
- Gluten-free non-stick cooking spray
- 2-3 pound boneless pork roast
- ⅔ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce (we like San-J or VH)
- 2 teaspoons of dried basil or Italian herbs
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (approximately two cloves)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup cold water
- Spray your slow cooker pot with non-stick cooking spray. Place roast in slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, honey, soy sauce, basil, garlic, oil, and salt.
- Pour sauce over pork. Cover and cook on low about 7 to 8 hours.
- Remove meat to a serving platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking juices and transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into pan and bring back up to a boil. Then, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Slice roast and serve with gravy.
- You can also use a bone-in roast for this recipe. Increase cooking time to 8 to 10 hours.
- For a real Parmesan feast, serve this recipe with Roasted Parmesan Potatoes!