Why We Love It
Fresh ingredients, easy cleanup, and a low calorie count make this salmon dish a perfect pick for spring.
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 ½ teaspoons grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce (we like San-J or VH)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut four pieces of heavy-duty foil to 12 inches square.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees or heat barbeque to medium.
- Place each salmon fillet on a piece of foil.
- Combine the ginger, cilantro, garlic, and fruit peels.
- Spoon mixture over salmon.
- Combine the vinegar, soy sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle sauce over salmon.
- Fold foil around fish and seal tightly.
- Cook until fish flakes easily with a fork (about 15 minutes).
- If you’re short on fruit, mix and match what you have on hand. (For example, you could use 4 teaspoons of orange peel instead of 2 teaspoons each of lemon and orange peel.)
- Fresh herbs amp up the flavour of this dish.
- Serve quinoa salad with the salmon for a complete meal.
(Original Source: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/garlic-ginger-salmon-packets)