Why We Love It
This takeout-style pizza has tons of flavour, taking you way beyond pepperoni and cheese.
- One gluten-free pizza crust (fresh or frozen – we love Udi’s pizza crusts!)
- 2 tablespoons of real butter
- ½ small onion, sliced
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free barbeque sauce (like Bull’s-Eye Original)
- One or two garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 cup cooked, diced chicken
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheese (we like using a combination of mozzarella and old cheddar)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley, oregano, or Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven as directed on crust package.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter on medium heat in a small skillet as you are slicing the onions. Add onions and cook for about 15 minutes, until they are soft and brown. Add the remaining tablespoon of butter about halfway through cooking time.
- Meanwhile, mix the pizza sauce, barbeque sauce, and garlic. Spread on pizza.
- Top with caramelized onions, chicken, and cheese. Sprinkle herbs over top.
- Cook pizza as directed on crust package.
- Adjust the amount of sauce and toppings based on the size of your pizza crust.
- Mix things up by adding green onions, or using a flavoured barbeque sauce.
- For a takeout-style treat, pair this pizza with focaccia bread from Schoolhouse Gluten-Free Gourmet!