Why We Love It
This light, fresh meal can be prepared in minutes. It’s easy enough for a weeknight supper and fancy enough for weekend entertaining.
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground ginger (you can also use dried)
- About 12 large scallops (about one and a half pounds)
- One pepper (any color), onion, or other vegetable (or use a combination of veggies)
- Four wooden or metal skewers
- Preheat barbeque to medium.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in a bowl of water.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, oil, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger. Put half the marinade into a plastic container, add the scallops, and mix together. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Place the other half of the marinade into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Then, reduce heat and allow it to simmer for about 10 minutes, until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Chop vegetables into chunks.
- After scallops have finished marinating, thread scallops and vegetables alternately onto skewers.
- Barbeque skewers for about three minutes per side, basting with boiled marinade.
- Marinate the scallops as you’re heating up the grill.
- You can also broil the scallops for the same amount of time.
- Serve the skewers with a side of steamed rice to create a complete meal.
(Original Source: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/soy-glazed-scallops)