Why We Love It
This dish is full of the flavours of summer, plus it’s super-healthy and filling. It’s impressive enough to serve to guests yet easy enough to whip up for a weeknight meal. The recipe as we have shared it makes about four servings, but can easily be doubled.
- About one pound of large sea scallops (400 grams)
- 2 ½ tablespoons herb pesto
- Half of a lemon, zested and juiced
- One small package of grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- One cup peeled and diced English cucumber
- One cup diced fennel bulb
- 2 ½ tablespoons diced shallots
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped tarragon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine scallops, pesto, and about half a teaspoon of lemon zest in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for about half an hour.
- In the meantime, mix the remaining ingredients (vegetables, tarragon, and olive oil) with half a teaspoon each of lemon zest and lemon juice in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Once scallops have finished marinating, heat a barbeque or stovetop skillet on high heat. (Be sure to grease the grill or pan with a little bit more olive oil.) Grill scallops for about two minutes per side.
- Divide vegetable mixture among four plates. Top with scallops. Drizzle with lemon juice and serve.
- If you’d like a starch with this meal, try quinoa or wild rice.
- For added flavour, top this dish with a bit of crumbled feta cheese.
(Original Source: https://www.sobeys.com/en/recipes/grilled-scallops-with-summer-compote)