Why We Love It
Fresh pasta is such a delicious treat, especially for Celiacs who often are limited to dried pasta. Spinach fettuccine ups the ante by offering something a little bit different. This recipe makes enough pasta for about four people.
- 1 package RP’S Pasta Spinach Fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 medium yellow squash, diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated lemon zest (plus a bit extra for garnish)
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¾ cup gluten-free chicken broth
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 2 ½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Drain the pasta, reserving ½ cup of the cooking liquid, and return the pasta to the pot.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the yellow squash and sauté until almost tender.
- Add the lemon zest and continue cooking for 1 more minute.
- Add the white wine to deglaze the pan.
- Add the chicken stock, heavy cream, lemon juice, and reserved cooking liquid.
- Bring to a simmer and continue cooking until the sauce is creamy and coats the back of a spoon.
- Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese. Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the pasta with the sauce and serve. Garnish with additional lemon zest and enjoy!
- In Halifax, you can find RP’s Pasta at Pete’s Frootique and Chops Meat Market. In Moncton, try Jane’s Gluten-Free Foods.