Archive for October, 2014
You may have noticed that the blog has been pretty quiet lately. That’s because we were enjoying a wonderful vacation in Denver, Colorado! Here are some highlights from our trip.
- A hike through the mountains at Vail, powered by granola bars from Annie’s and Kind (sadly, neither of which are available here yet)
- An amazing time at the Great American Beer Festival, where I sampled brews from Omission, New Planet, Rickoli, Sprecher, Lakefront, and more
- A visit to New Planet Brewing, which makes gluten-free and gluten-reduced beers
- Delicious gluten-free sandwiches at the Olive & Finch eatery
- Gluten-free fried chicken at The BSide
- An amazing shared-plates meal at Root Down, where 90% of the menu is or can be gluten-free
- Plenty of fabulous Mexican food!
- A late-night gluten-free ice cream cone at Little Man Ice Cream
- Amazing gluten-free pizza from Tony P’s (probably the best I have ever had, in fact!)
- Tons of varieties of cider from Woodchuck Cider, the Colorado Cider Company, and Stem
Now, all of this didn’t happen by accident. My very thoughtful brother-in-law did a ton of research and checked out the Denver Celiac Support Group before our visit. It certainly paid off, and in the future I’ll be sure to check out local Celiac associations for dining ideas!