One of the most valuable lessons I’ve learned since being diagnosed with Celiac disease is that if I am craving a food, I can either make it at home or find a reasonable take-out solution with a little bit of research. This is really valuable at busy times of the year, like in the weeks leading up to Christmas!
Here are our top ideas so that you can satisfy your cravings with some gluten-free goodies.
The second annual Halifax Burger Week is upon us! With over 50 restaurants in this year’s lineup, Celiacs have a number of options to choose from.
The first two entries that stand out are from Heartwood and enVie. We haven’t reviewed either restaurant, but both list a gluten-free bun option right in their Burger Week entry!
There are also some amazing places that we’ve reviewed on the list.
- We’ve confirmed that both locations of Finbar’s can make their lamb burger gluten-free.
- The chef at Jamieson’s Irish House & Grill has Celiac disease, and we’ve always found them extremely accommodating.
- Both Relish and Flipburger offer tons of gluten-free options. The French fries at Flipburger are gluten-free, too!
- Rock Bottom Brewpub has one of the best burgers in town, and I’m sure their Burger Week offering will be amazing too.
- 2 Doors Down is one of our favourite spots in the city. We’re not sure if their Burger Week sliders will be gluten-free, but their Old School Cheeseburger (off the regular menu) is fantastic!
Another burger that we’d like to try is the one from Darrell’s. We’ve heard amazing things about their gluten-free options, but we haven’t made it there yet.
Let us know what you’re trying for Burger Week!
2012 has been a pretty exciting year for gluten-free folks. There were lots of new developments and lots of people learning what gluten-free is all about. According to the Google Zeitgeist 2012 for Canada, gluten was the number three search in the “What is?” category!
Yesterday, we also celebrated our second birthday. We’ve had a great time reviewing restaurants, trying new recipes, and interacting with our readers. We’re looking forward to a fantastic gluten-free 2013!
To wrap things up, here are some highlights from 2012.